Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vladimir Yarets



One day at the BMW dealership in St. Louis, I had the honor of meeting Vladimir Yarets. I was greeted with a hardy handshake, a swift slap on the back, and a thumbs up. No words were exchange yet I had entered into a conversation using sign language. Vladimir, a Russian def-mute from Minsk Belarus, proceeded to tell me (or show me) about his travels as he is on his way into the record book as the first def-mute to travel around the world. In the brief 30 minutes or so that I spent with him learning of his travels, I was left amazed, puzzled, humbled, and intrigued by his persona.


It would take a couple pints of Guinness to explain Vladimir’s epic story that includes a near fatal accident, a miracle recovery, and a free donated bike from BMW North America. His story is legendary and he is a true adventurer. You can Google him to learn more about his adventurous spirit. Last I heard he was in Hong Kong. Safe travels my friend! It was a pleasure meeting you.



No comments: